$12.62 - $.52


♪♫ Hanging on a convenience wall, A roll of two-ply crepe and one-ply clear, The silent sentinels of health, supplied by the corporation hygiene surveyor, Perforated, sectionalised, medicated, sterilised each layer, Property of Birmingham City Council now please wash your hands. But, if you think this is all that these tissues appear to be, Then listen to the kind of thing these tissues have to be and have to see. They're witness to a junkie's needs, soaking up the blood spilled on the floor, A message scribbled on a sheet, state date, time and size pushed under the door, Rolled up to a pellet size, shoved into the hole drilled through the wall, Streaming projectiles hurled through the air out of the trains after games of football. But I don't suppose anybody really cares, there's too many nowadays just want to wipe their ass of the whole affair. ♪♫
I spent my whole life worrying and taking care of other people... the minute I give my family some sorta weakness or when I fuck up and say things out of emotion., they can take that and make me feel like I’m the biggest piece of shit ever in life. Today I don’t feel so well . My brother, my sister and a few others are attacking me all at once for different reasons. And I blocked their phone numbers and Facebook.. but then they get the children involved. Children I treated like they were my own my whole life. He handled it respectfully and with maturity., he’s only 19. I have the kids restricted for a reason on my FB. I talk about things that aren’t appropriate.. why drag kids into these adult involvements??? I am playing the VICTIM CARD!! you know how much I’m sick of hearing that ?? I’m playing a victim card??? Do you know how much I seriously want to get the fuck off this earth? I’m over it.

last night, a man(that I recognized immediately, having run into him at the Waffle House) came crashing through the upper level of the dilapidated Albany Theater, brandishing a flaming palm-frond that he was using for a torch; it was showering hot sparks & ash as he moved along, and this upper floor is cluttered with lots of flammable trash in heaps; I went for a walk-about, to let things settle down a bit; today, after investigating, I found where he has made a place to sleep(under the stars) in the balcony; he had a girl with him last night

my explorations today(Sun., JAN 21) have produced many more interesting graffiti-artworks, that I shall be including in an ARTICLE soon


Sunday, has been a busy day, for me; at first light, I put my socks back on(homeless men should never sleep with socks & shoes on; poor circulation, during those few hours when their legs/feet are up on the same horizontal plane with the heart, leads to foot problems down the road; a man with no place to be, depends on his feet, & is moving from place to place all day long, because he is not welcome to stay anywhere), and lit out for the 'Sally(Salvation Army);' a local church brings lots of food there every Sunday(because the Army will not provide breakfast for the men in their shelter on their 'sabbath'); I had grits & scrambled eggs w/crumbled sausage and bell pepper mixed in them; then it was off to the Free Life Church; they always have fresh coffee going in their kitchen, and at that early hour, the musicians are rehearsing on their stage; I then got over to the dray-line(I wanted to take a photo; some other time perhaps), where a man pulled in there with two boxes, filled with HOSTESS sweets, & every man there got a whole box of their favorite snack-cakes, that were individually wrapped; I saved my six strawberry creme-filled cupcakes, for lunch, both today & tomorrow. Then, I went to Burger King, and went WiFi-active on my FaceBook, Retirement-Online & several e-mail network COMMUNITIES. Now, I'm at the Library, working offline, while SAMMY re-energizes his cells. At around 5:30 PM, the crowd of homeless, that has virtually every nook & cranny filled with human flesh, will casually drift north, towards Ford Hall, where our First United Methodist Church will treat all of Albany's poor to a virtual feast. By the time I consume all that wholesome food, and carry away whatever is not likely to spoil, before it is used, I'll be drowsy & tired, so...  off to the theater I'll go!


A quick trip back over to the dray-line, on the advice of a man, just back from there & carrying a baking pan filled with food, garnered for me, a mashed-potatoes sandwich & a cold biscuit for in the morning!


Tomorrow, I should get that old age retirement check in my hand, and since I'm currently working with $12.10, I think a $4.15 deduction for 20 Pyramids(economy-priced cigarettes) will be in order; if I ride my bicycle down to Rite-Aid, I'll already be half the distance to that other BK(should I drop in on my white-haired beauty?); no need for coat/hat/gloves this AM(I have four layers still, even w/my cold weather-gear stowed away); had to pull two of these off last night, because I was sweating under my sleeping-bag quilt; before daylight, the second floor/balcony level in the old derelict is smelling of bacon frying; Majid has the crew at the Cookie Shoppe getting ready for their breakfast rush, and their exhaust backs up onto the missing panes at the top of the grand staircase; lights were o
n at the BK, when I was down Jefferson far enough to see.



BT:Please forgive my delayed reply. Our second face-to-face conversation at Kay led me to engage and grow. I'm interested in knowing the position within your network. My skills in the management, customer service, and health arena makes me the right candidate for this job. With my ability to deliver friendly and courteous service as well as knowledge of presenting a positive image of the company, I am certain to become a key member of your service team.

I am a strong candidate for this job because my skill set perfectly complements with your requirements. For instance, I have a demonstrated ability to welcome guests in a considerate manner, deal effectively with customers of different backgrounds, respond to concerns and resolve issues, as well as perform office related duties and assignments. My education and experience has enabled me to understand and manage administrative work efficiently with minimum or no supervision.
BAAS:How about selling T-shirts; driving a muscular DIESEL tractor on my FARM, or in next year's homecoming parade, pulling our FLOAT; guiding ASU bus-tour to BRUNSWICK/JEKYLL IS.; moderating THINK TANK meetings @Joe's Cafe; help repurpose County Jail as Homeless Shelter, serving 19 SOWEGA Counties & making a yearly profit doing it; using technology & old upright piano from STAR pawn shop, to teach IDES's employee's children to play a piano; make PRESENTATION(while on WFXL evening NEWS) of 6 important new books, to Rodney McElveen/Referrence Dept, Public Library's Main Branch; wearing purple Phi-Epsilon-Sigma("Friendship is Essential to the Soul") T-shirt, while posting HELP WANTED fliers all over ASU campus?
BT:Can I eat lunch @Brother's Pizza?
BAAS:Sure, if you've been at this flier-business for 4-hours.
BT:If I have to do this 'chore' on SATURDAY, and it is the first day in my pay period, how will it affect my PAYCHECK?
BAAS:What is TIME & ONE HALF of $15/hr.?
BT: Approx. $22 per long hour.
BAAS:WRONG! You'd bring home APPROX. .88% of $22.50, times 8-hours($158.40), even if all fliers posted in an hour and a half, plus(if you save 10% of your GROSS WAGES to your new IRA, IDES direct-deposits $36.00 into it(2-times your un-taxed $18.00).

Inter-Disciplinary Eclectic Society


I fell HARD, on my face, Friday night!

I was fortunate not to break my lens, but bent my frames, and my 12-year-old ONLY pair of spec's, was my first concern.

At my age(67), I should have been more concerned about fracturing a hip-joint. My paternal grandmother fell a couple of times; when she broke her hip (it would not heal; long before replacement surgeries), and was confined to her bed (sedentary is a cuss-word), she soon contracted pneumonia & died from that!

My balance is still good & I stay active, but take great care not to become the victim of a fall. Friday, I was plying my fiance-say with alcohol at the GARDEN INN, hoping to get lucky; I'm lucky I'm not dead!

First time I have had any alcoholic beverage since 1984; shoulda went for an even better record, but now I get free coffee at AA meet.

BEWARE THE HAZARDS OF THAT ONE INSTANT OF QUESTIONABLE JUDGEMENT!

Comments for Gettin' Lucky!

ECT?
by: Phillip DeNise 

About an hour ago, Almeda & I had the supper I started cooking just after breakfast; put 1.3 lb. beef chunks & one can of mushroom soup (adding salt liberally) into my 1.5 qt. crock pot & plugged it in; done!

She thinks that I'll make someone a great housewife one day (could be). I showed her how to make grits (GirlsRaisedInTheSouth) in our tiny microwave this AM; ditto the thick SPAM slices that go with them (we shall see).

There was a smidge left in the crock pot; gravy was rich w/oil; threw in remnant wheat thins - stirred well - reheated for 10 min.; see if she eats it all, or offers to share; healthy snack without beer (it's Sunday; LikkerLokker closed).

Tonight, I'll get lucky; if sobriety don't work, it's psychiatric treatment she'll be getting; I'm thinkin' ECT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvTvSSztu50

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROWN PAPER BAG

CHAPTER XXV

CHAPTER VII of POD PEOPLE