GET CAUGHT UP

my life is a poem with no logic to the punctuation an imperceptible meter & non-sequitur stanzas because I'm convinced by the things that you say & seem to have no difficulty ignoring completely the mismatch your actions represent

tomorrow I must depart for nowhere totally under-funded & carrying along all the possessions that I refuse to part with

sometimes I happen upon some useful object tossed carelessly aside or forgotten in haste

to trundle someone else's belongings down a road going nowhere seems at first glance to be symptomatic of the untimely dissipation of my meds BUT I don't take them

I think that I'm way too advanced in age to be stylin' this life BUT when I was younger I possessed no preparedness for it ONLY things accumulated in quantities that kept me anchored

songs beckoned while the lyricists instructed the SOUL of an old fellow that would eventually manifest genuine acceptance of PROVIDENCE

abandoning not just the things that tether us to acceptable stability BUT concepts that constrict one's being

seeing the forces distorting the personalities one MUST encounter as if they were slaveholders with the chains clutched willfully in soiled & gnarly hands

repressing a DESIRE to emancipate them for a genuine emotional response not anticipated nor welcomed

secluded by this refusal to manifest authenticity

alone with only your ephemeral cognition to comfort the bruising...  a cold cohabitant for REAL...  yet quite impossible to refute

but writing still...  HOPE not lost but transformed into so many stories...

  with their own manifestations...

bringing to those that have read them,...  sometimes several times over,...  SEARCHING

unexpected results...  as their desires are transformed by new concepts...  clarified perception & the necessary abandonment of all painful influence

refreshed renewed & revivified in acceptance




:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
there's a new 'PHANTOM' in a very old theater, here in Albany; some improvements had to be made
so I got right on the problems that I had solutions for, while others remain beyond the scope of my creativity,...  like the roof, for instance

at least, some of the unrepaired contusions were helpful for photography(nice pin-spot!); there will be another photo-album & ARTICLE, which will feature the graffitti, adorning the walls of my new dormitory

this reverse, shows the projection booth, from the same vantage-point in the balcony, where the pin-spot photo was taken; the lobby-area has a grand staircase, that we unfortunately blocked, in an attempt to keep brighter backlight from spoiling the exposure

I was not wild about using my bicycle today; you can see why the Library was closed today, in the photo I took, when I checked on my velocipede, that stayed chained up there overnight

there will be updates on the graffitti illustrations, as the dollar-amount in my TITLE's dwindles to zero

I have to go to another theater, to recharge my device, so I'll be ready to use BK's WiFi in the morning
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Ricky McLendon brought his sleeping bag up, from downstairs, & snored all night; after a supper of cheese nips w/peanut butter, I retired very early, as under those blankets was the only reasonable place to be. Early to bed; early to rise! The sounds of city busses & other traffic out on the street, tell one, before the roosters crow or the dawn lightens the eastern sky, that a new day is beginning. My fingers could not manage the buttons on my two shirts, because they were so cold. Then, when I got close enough to Oglethorpe Blvd, to see the Burger King, their dining room remained in darkness; instant detour to Dunkin' Donuts; they too have WiFi, and several of the cafe-sized tables are next to electrical outlets; these three valuable amenities ran up the bill for 'breakfast,' by $1.82(a seemingly insignificant premium, until you realize it comes from cigarette money); OUCH!
I had stopped at the FIALCA EMPORIUM, on my way to the plaza, where there are outlets for charging your electronic devices; KETA has the heater in his store blasting; he let me plug SAMMY in, and I talked this old man's ear off, until I got the green light. We talked of many things during those hours; he is embroiled in a letter-writing campaign, to have the SUP removed from the HUD-housing, where KETA resides, and where he, and many other residents in his building, have experienced thefts of valuable items, by a perp that has key-access to the burglarized apartments. KETA says that most of the victims of this man's criminal activities, are afraid to raise a stink; afraid of losing their approved-status with HUD. When you come inside KETA's store, your nose is assaulted by a blend of aromatic herbs and incense from diverse locations on the planet; it really is a very pleasant sensation!

Today's HERALD will feature photographs of the snow-accumulation experienced in DOUGHERTY COUNTY yesterday morning; the bothersome white stuff kept me off my bicycle, but was captured in a webcam image for posterity.

The NEAL STEPHENSON collaboration, that I'm reading currently, whenever the Public Library is open for business, makes a big deal out of photography, as the precipitating cause, for the effective disappearance of MAGIC(& the practice of it) in the year 1851; I'm only on page 45, and I'm already 'hooked' by the theme being worked by the two authors/two main characters; an agent from some obscure Government Department(NEAL's counterpart), has hired a young linguist(of the female persuasion) to translate a number of esoteric documents, from several ancient written languages that she specializes in; the text has ostensibly been written by this linguist, that has somehow gotten herself stranded in 1851.


FRIDAY - I'm now 98 pages into Part One of R&FofDODO; 51 pages left to get to Part Two; 644 pages left to finish the entire novel. It's about time to meet with the witch, & stick her into the fully-functional ODEC(Ontic Decoherence Cavity); Oda's wife, who is a witch, looks on with a detachment that I guess is protecting her from being exposed as such; her journal entries are preoccupied by the spring-transformation going on in her herb garden.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'll try to begin collecting the images needed, for an ARTICLE I shall write on the subject, of the graffiti adorning the walls in my new, temporary residence, located at 107-109 N. Jackson Street, Albany, GA, 31701.




Click on the photo, & it will appear enlarged a bit in your reader; I'd waited 'til just after sunset, to get a 'flat' light, but to make this story legible, I'll need to make a few more adjustments. Maybe, by tomorrow, you can read about this old Vaudville house. I rode by(on my bicycle) the Bread House today, and something told me to go inside; I told the nice lady at the ca$h register that I was down on my luck, and down to my last dollar; I asked whether or not, they might have something that I could buy for $1, that would be good for my health; I was promptly provided with a sandwich(kettle chips included) & some sweet tea; she could not be persuaded to accept the dollar bill. I took the lunch provided so graciously, to the 'drayline,' & divided with RICKY McLENDON.





Often, when I encounter another homeless man,...  one that is known to me, and I to him,...  his greeting is, "What ya workin' with?"
This phrase refers to the money you have in your pocket; the dollars & cents titles I have been slapping onto these BLOGS is what I'm workin' with! My sleeping quarters have changed, and here is a photo of my unmade bed:

As promised, I made another stab at a legible photo of the plaque out on Jackson street; here:

The rest of these photos are my collection for an ARTICLE on local graffiti artists:
















I hope you have enjoyed this tour of the 1927 Vaudville & movie house(now home to 2,000 ghostly ticket-holders & one PHANTOM); come back when the renovation is a little farther along.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Ah so to those dwellers still dancing in shadows on the wall come close I have a tale to tell. It's about my drama and what's been keeping me away I call this tale "Mama's Drain Drama" My sewer won't stop backing up no matter what I do and  believe me I'm so tired of disinfecting my basement I could scream. The first time in years it backed up was last February so I thought okay it needed to be snaked out. So in comes the sewer man plodding down the stairs with his equipment an hour later he was done and said I'd be good for a year maybe two. So imagine my surprise when it happened again in August and this time the guy said shaking his head, "I don't understand everything was clear but maybe it was from all the rain. Anyway your good to go," (notice the pun). But again in December I wanted to cry but stupid me I called the same guy. "It's all clear in your house right out to the city line. Maybe it was from the cold," he said this time. But when it happened in January I was really upset and this time called a different guy but since everything was clear this guy recommended I have this company with the camera come to inspect the drain and sewer line. Oh yeah each time the other guy came he charged me $150 but the January guy said no charge; he'd only snaked out the line and there was nothing and he didn't know what the problem was, honesty; oh my,my! Anyway for my afternoon movie viewing today I get to look inside my sewer; yuck!  I've been plunking on my guitar to get over all this and now a tune has developed but the words are starting to make me laugh; sort of X rated but nowadays it could be a hit; ha, ha! I hope you enjoyed my tale of woe; I'm hoping for a "happily-ever-after" ending but I'll have to wait and see (ha, ha) what camera/sewer guy adds.

Cave-dwellers post their comments/caveman-fantasies at a Group that Roger Cox started a good while back; some groups have Rules, which they will enforce, about what sorts of things they consider appropriate; Roger's Cave is sort of laid-back, when it comes to Rules(primitive, one might say)!

The Retirement-Online Community is filled with non-writers, that write every day, in order to maintain contact with their retired friends, that they met(and only know about from) being online; what I like best about this 'space,' is that almost nobody there is using a SmartPhone(G_d how I hate those, now ubiquitous, DEVICES!).


Last night, determined not to retire early again, I took SAMMY out in search of the downtown section's night-life; some networking was done at the HAVANA LOUNGE, where smoking cigars is encouraged.

The lighting was not the best for photography, but imagery was promised, to accompany the remarks I made in my ARTICLE, about this new club on Broad Street. Briana was our server, and 'posed' under the spot shining down on their stage.


Of course, any expos-A of Albany night-life, must eventually end up here:


Grabbing a quick smoke, outside, you observe the activity through plate glass.



Much warmer inside, with the rest of the FAMILY!



Try having a look at the FaceBook page I created for another store, out by the MALL; there are songs & crazy videos available there; simply type this into your SEARCH:  Unofficial WAFFLE HOUSE #2222
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

♪♫ Hanging on a convenience wall, A roll of two-ply crepe and one-ply clear, The silent sentinels of health, supplied by the corporation hygiene surveyor, Perforated, sectionalised, medicated, sterilised each layer, Property of Birmingham City Council now please wash your hands. But, if you think this is all that these tissues appear to be, Then listen to the kind of thing these tissues have to be and have to see. They're witness to a junkie's needs, soaking up the blood spilled on the floor, A message scribbled on a sheet, state date, time and size pushed under the door, Rolled up to a pellet size, shoved into the hole drilled through the wall, Streaming projectiles hurled through the air out of the trains after games of football. But I don't suppose anybody really cares, there's too many nowadays just want to wipe their ass of the whole affair. ♪♫
I spent my whole life worrying and taking care of other people... the minute I give my family some sorta weakness or when I fuck up and say things out of emotion., they can take that and make me feel like I’m the biggest piece of shit ever in life. Today I don’t feel so well . My brother, my sister and a few others are attacking me all at once for different reasons. And I blocked their phone numbers and Facebook.. but then they get the children involved. Children I treated like they were my own my whole life. He handled it respectfully and with maturity., he’s only 19. I have the kids restricted for a reason on my FB. I talk about things that aren’t appropriate.. why drag kids into these adult involvements??? I am playing the VICTIM CARD!! you know how much I’m sick of hearing that ?? I’m playing a victim card??? Do you know how much I seriously want to get the fuck off this earth? I’m over it.

last night, a man(that I recognized immediately, having run into him at the Waffle House) came crashing through the upper level of the dilapidated Albany Theater, brandishing a flaming palm-frond that he was using for a torch; it was showering hot sparks & ash as he moved along, and this upper floor is cluttered with lots of flammable trash in heaps; I went for a walk-about, to let things settle down a bit; today, after investigating, I found where he has made a place to sleep(under the stars) in the balcony; he had a girl with him last night

my explorations today(Sun., JAN 21) have produced many more interesting graffiti-artworks, that I shall be including in an ARTICLE soon

Sunday, has been a busy day, for me; at first light, I put my socks back on(homeless men should never sleep with socks & shoes on; poor circulation, during those few hours when their legs/feet are up on the same horizontal plane with the heart, leads to foot problems down the road; a man with no place to be, depends on his feet, & is moving from place to place all day long, because he is not welcome to stay anywhere), and lit out for the 'Sally(Salvation Army);' a local church brings lots of food there every Sunday(because the Army will not provide breakfast for the men in their shelter on their 'sabbath'); I had grits & scrambled eggs w/crumbled sausage and bell pepper mixed in them; then it was off to the Free Life Church; they always have fresh coffee going in their kitchen, and at that early hour, the musicians are rehearsing on their stage; I then got over to the dray-line(I wanted to take a photo; some other time perhaps), where a man pulled in there with two boxes, filled with HOSTESS sweets, & every man there got a whole box of their favorite snack-cakes, that were individually wrapped; I saved my six strawberry creme-filled cupcakes, for lunch, both today & tomorrow. Then, I went to Burger King, and went WiFi-active on my FaceBook, Retirement-Online & several e-mail network COMMUNITIES. Now, I'm at the Library, working offline, while SAMMY re-energizes his cells. At around 5:30 PM, the crowd of homeless, that has virtually every nook & cranny filled with human flesh, will casually drift north, towards Ford Hall, where our First United Methodist Church will treat all of Albany's poor to a virtual feast. By the time I consume all that wholesome food, and carry away whatever is not likely to spoil, before it is used, I'll be drowsy & tired, so...  off to the theater I'll go!

A quick trip back over to the dray-line, on the advice of a man, just back from there & carrying a baking pan filled with food, garnered for me, a mashed-potatoes sandwich & a cold biscuit for in the morning!


Tomorrow, I should get that old age retirement check in my hand, and since I'm currently working with $12.10, I think a $4.15 deduction for 20 Pyramids(economy-priced cigarettes) will be in order; if I ride my bicycle down to Rite-Aid, I'll already be half the distance to that other BK(should I drop in on my white-haired beauty?); no need for coat/hat/gloves this AM(I have four layers still, even w/my cold weather-gear stowed away); had to pull two of these off last night, because I was sweating under my sleeping-bag quilt; before daylight, the second floor/balcony level in the old derelict is smelling of bacon frying; Majid has the crew at the Cookie Shoppe getting ready for their breakfast rush, and their exhaust backs up onto the missing panes at the top of the grand staircase; lights were on at the BK, when I was down Jefferson far enough to see.



BT:Please forgive my delayed reply. Our second face-to-face conversation at Kay led me to engage and grow. I'm interested in knowing the position within your network. My skills in the management, customer service, and health arena makes me the right candidate for this job. With my ability to deliver friendly and courteous service as well as knowledge of presenting a positive image of the company, I am certain to become a key member of your service team.

I am a strong candidate for this job because my skill set perfectly complements with your requirements. For instance, I have a demonstrated ability to welcome guests in a considerate manner, deal effectively with customers of different backgrounds, respond to concerns and resolve issues, as well as perform office related duties and assignments. My education and experience has enabled me to understand and manage administrative work efficiently with minimum or no supervision.
BAAS:How about selling T-shirts; driving a muscular DIESEL tractor on my FARM, or in next year's homecoming parade, pulling our FLOAT; guiding ASU bus-tour to BRUNSWICK/JEKYLL IS.; moderating THINK TANK meetings @Joe's Cafe; help repurpose County Jail as Homeless Shelter, serving 19 SOWEGA Counties & making a yearly profit doing it; using technology & old upright piano from STAR pawn shop, to teach IDES's employee's children to play a piano; make PRESENTATION(while on WFXL evening NEWS) of 6 important new books, to Rodney McElveen/Referrence Dept, Public Library's Main Branch; wearing purple Phi-Epsilon-Sigma("Friendship is Essential to the Soul") T-shirt, while posting HELP WANTED fliers all over ASU campus?
BT:Can I eat lunch @Brother's Pizza?
BAAS:Sure, if you've been at this flier-business for 4-hours.
BT:If I have to do this 'chore' on SATURDAY, and it is the first day in my pay period, how will it affect my PAYCHECK?
BAAS:What is TIME & ONE HALF of $15/hr.?
BT: Approx. $22 per long hour.
BAAS:WRONG! You'd bring home APPROX. .88% of $22.50, times 8-hours($158.40), even if all fliers posted in an hour and a half, plus(if you save 10% of your GROSS WAGES to your new IRA, IDES direct-deposits $36.00 into it(2-times your un-taxed $18.00).

Inter-Disciplinary Eclectic Society


I fell HARD, on my face, Friday night!

I was fortunate not to break my lens, but bent my frames, and my 12-year-old ONLY pair of spec's, was my first concern.

At my age(67), I should have been more concerned about fracturing a hip-joint. My paternal grandmother fell a couple of times; when she broke her hip (it would not heal; long before replacement surgeries), and was confined to her bed (sedentary is a cuss-word), she soon contracted pneumonia & died from that!

My balance is still good & I stay active, but take great care not to become the victim of a fall. Friday, I was plying my fiance-say with alcohol at the GARDEN INN, hoping to get lucky; I'm lucky I'm not dead!

First time I have had any alcoholic beverage since 1984; shoulda went for an even better record, but now I get free coffee at AA meet.

BEWARE THE HAZARDS OF THAT ONE INSTANT OF QUESTIONABLE JUDGEMENT!

Comments for Gettin' Lucky!

ECT?
by: Phillip DeNise 

About an hour ago, Almeda & I had the supper I started cooking just after breakfast; put 1.3 lb. beef chunks & one can of mushroom soup (adding salt liberally) into my 1.5 qt. crock pot & plugged it in; done!

She thinks that I'll make someone a great housewife one day (could be). I showed her how to make grits (GirlsRaisedInTheSouth) in our tiny microwave this AM; ditto the thick SPAM slices that go with them (we shall see).

There was a smidge left in the crock pot; gravy was rich w/oil; threw in remnant wheat thins - stirred well - reheated for 10 min.; see if she eats it all, or offers to share; healthy snack without beer (it's Sunday; LikkerLokker closed).

Tonight, I'll get lucky; if sobriety don't work, it's psychiatric treatment she'll be getting; I'm thinkin' ECT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvTvSSztu50

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROWN PAPER BAG

CHAPTER XXV

CHAPTER VII of POD PEOPLE