STRANGER THAN STRANGE

    My statement to the Police Detectives(written NOV 18) has been prepared, along with a self-stamped envelope, to return my original to Suite 21-22. Here is that text:
   
   
    I just gave up every last penny(8 PM, NOV 18), that I robbed from the acrylic box, over by my coffee station; I gave to the lovely Hindu lady, on duty by herself @the Liquor Locker tonight(Saturday), the $5.33 I had, in exchange for a box of Pall Mall reds, that she rang up for $4.06; I told her to keep the change for her grandchildren; I'd heard, earlier today, that the clerk, over there last night, had been robbed at gunpoint!
    I don't remember much of anything that has taken place here, in what seems like several hours. I had fallen asleep, right after getting back from Albany Mall; we had gone out there, to show off my Beta-Alpha-Mu, faux-fraternity T-shirt. Something very strange must have occurred; the pass-through door, between unit #21 & #22, is completely off the hinges; my 'confused' memory feels like I may have bumped my head.
    The charger/connector cord is laying on the low-boy, just as I had left it; the new DELL laptop cannot be found! The still-boxed-up monitor(24" LCD flat-screen) & ChromeBook, have not been disturbed; all my files, DVD's(112 at last count), printer, guitar & piano just as I had left them, when the 3 of us rode out to the Mall w/DAMIEN.
    There is a pillow-case missing off one of Miss Fisher's pillows, and there is a strong smell of alcohol in my bathroom...  curiouser & curiouser!
    Oh, yeah...  I can't find either key, to the padlock, which secures my Corona-bike to a column outside, with a 5' length of chain. Also, there is no HBO signal; I don't know about the WiFi yet; I haven't unpacked the ChromeBook.
    It's now 9:30 PM(according to TWC), and I have noticed abrasions on both my wrists; I also found a pillow-case missing off one of my pillows; a small 'patch' of the linen was with that stripped pillow, that has tattered, hand-ripped edges.
    Can you spell ALIEN ABDUCTION? I'll ask Jeeves later, how I should spell that. I spoke to Mike Patel, and he will come in the morning, to check on that HBO problem.
    In fourteen days, the rent will be due; on NOV 22, according to DirectExpress, there is a $939 deposit due. I may be moving from here, but I have accumulated so much stuff(while spending in excess of $20K, just since SEP 29), that the prospect of moving it all, is quite daunting; Monday, I am to pick up 100 newly-printed business cards(from QUIK-COPY), with this address.
    The moon has begun waxing, and I feel fortunate to have remembered that; I also remember that HILTON is attempting to mail me a full refund, for my 2-night stay in #502 @Garden Inn; I'm only going to be satisfied with that disposition, if MARCUS HUMPHREY is fired, forthwith! There is a young Patrol Officer with APD, who must also have a vision test administered!
    My enemies are LEGION, but according to PSALMS Chapter 41, verses one through three, I shall prevail.There are 2 cheap steak-knives missing from a set of four, that I purchased @Family Dollar. My toilet is not flushing in the usual way, as if something is down there in the drain.
    There's tons of food in here, and now I have a (plastic) toaster & the induction cooker(2 cast-iron pots from Star Brokers), which came with a cookbook(& a CD with video instructions).
    Sunday morning(NOV 19), I cleaned up & vaccuumed 21 & 22; found my spare key, for the padlock, so I secured my Cape Cod Blue(bicycle) to the column, with her sister. I also discovered, that all my receipts have gone missing, from the drawer I always toss them into.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROWN PAPER BAG

CHAPTER XXV

CHAPTER VII of POD PEOPLE