- $3.19/Lights were out @BurgerKing!

Ricky McLendon brought his sleeping bag up, from downstairs, & snored all night; after a supper of cheese nips w/peanut butter, I retired very early, as under those blankets was the only reasonable place to be. Early to bed; early to rise! The sounds of city busses & other traffic out on the street, tell one, before the roosters crow or the dawn lightens the eastern sky, that a new day is beginning. My fingers could not manage the buttons on my two shirts, because they were so cold. Then, when I got close enough to Oglethorpe Blvd, to see the Burger King, their dining room remained in darkness; instant detour to Dunkin' Donuts; they too have WiFi, and several of the cafe-sized tables are next to electrical outlets; these three valuable amenities ran up the bill for 'breakfast,' by $1.82(a seemingly insignificant premium, until you realize it comes from cigarette money); OUCH!
I had stopped at the FIALCA EMPORIUM, on my way to the plaza, where there are outlets for charging your electronic devices; KETA has the heater in his store blasting; he let me plug SAMMY in, and I talked this old man's ear off, until I got the green light. We talked of many things during those hours; he is embroiled in a letter-writing campaign, to have the SUP removed from the HUD-housing, where KETA resides, and where he, and many other residents in his building, have experienced thefts of valuable items, by a perp that has key-access to the burglarized apartments. KETA says that most of the victims of this man's criminal activities, are afraid to raise a stink; afraid of losing their approved-status with HUD. When you come inside KETA's store, your nose is assaulted by a blend of aromatic herbs and incense from diverse locations on the planet; it really is a very pleasant sensation!

Today's HERALD will feature photographs of the snow-accumulation experienced in DOUGHERTY COUNTY yesterday morning; the bothersome white stuff kept me off my bicycle, but was captured in a webcam image for posterity.

The NEAL STEPHENSON collaboration, that I'm reading currently, whenever the Public Library is open for business, makes a big deal out of photography, as the precipitating cause, for the effective disappearance of MAGIC(& the practice of it) in the year 1851; I'm only on page 45, and I'm already 'hooked' by the theme being worked by the two authors/two main characters; an agent from some obscure Government Department(NEAL's counterpart), has hired a young linguist(of the female persuasion) to translate a number of esoteric documents, from several ancient written languages that she specializes in; the text has ostensibly been written by this linguist, that has somehow gotten herself stranded in 1851.


FRIDAY - I'm now 98 pages into Part One of R&FofDODO; 51 pages left to get to Part Two; 644 pages left to finish the entire novel. It's about time to meet with the witch, & stick her into the fully-functional ODEC(Ontic Decoherence Cavity); Oda's wife, who is a witch, looks on with a detachment that I guess is protecting her from being exposed as such; her journal entries are preoccupied by the spring-transformation going on in her herb garden.


I'll try to begin collecting the images needed, for an ARTICLE I shall write on the subject, of the graffiti adorning the walls in my new, temporary residence, located at 107-109 N. Jackson Street, Albany, GA, 31701.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROWN PAPER BAG

CHAPTER XXV

CHAPTER VII of POD PEOPLE